Selected documents on these sites can be read from anywhere on the web, but some of them are read-protected. All contributions require password authentication.
- To register for the group mailing list, follow the instructions on Mailing Lists.
- The E-Log allows self-registration.
GRSIGate -- remote access to tig cluster and other TRIUMF computers from offsite
- Contact Greg Hackman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access to GRSIGate.
Wiki & Plone
To become a collaboration author on the Wiki pages:
- Send an e-mail to Greg Hackman requesting access to whichever (or both) the Wiki and Plone.
- It appears that this is the so-called MIS ID, not to be confused with the TRIDENT ID. However, if you are either a paid staff member or a registered visitor, you will most have the correct ID. If Greg can't figure it out, he'll contact you.
- (Note to GH: use this to manage new users on the wiki, this for plone)
- After that, on Plone you may require further assistance from Greg to enable access to specific folders or classes of files.
- If you are looking for photographs, there is a Picture Gallery hosted on one of the analysis computers.
- Most thumbnails and many full-size publicity-quality pictures are accessible to the general public.
- Some of the pictures are intended only for the collaboration's use; these can be accessed only by logging in using one of our "usual" account names and passwords.
- Self-registration is available if you want to upload pictures.
- You can access the gallery by webdav using http://docodon.triumf.ca/gallery3/index.php/webdav/gallery.
TRIUMF offers a series of training course of which some are required as a member of the Gamma-Ray Spectroscopy at ISAC group. The list of all training offered by TRIUMF is here.
The following are mandatory for all GRSI members:
- General Safety Orientation
- Basic Radiation Protection Training
- Calibration Sources
- Cryogenics Safety
The following are strongly encouraged for TRIUMF long-term employees, including post-doctoral fellows, so that they may take part in and authorize work such as beamline openings:
- Work Permits
- Supervisor Training
- Advanced Radiation Protection Training
- This includes classroom components that are offered typically in the first week of January, May and September
If you will be working with DESCANT detectors then the following are required in addition to those mandatory training for GRSI members:
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Get a fitted respirator
- Complete a DESCANT orientation with the GRSI technician.
Special or occasional tasks may require additional training. Staff in the GRSI group have occasionally required training in:
- Crane Operator
- Laser Safety
- Fall Arrest
- For general help, contact Greg Hackman, who may forward your message to one of the following anyway.
- Secure ID's and the TRIUMF Wiki pages including tigwiki are administered by the TRIUMF Administration Computing department.
- PLONE and E-Log are adminstered by the head of the TRIUMF Computing group.
- Hints on administering the "Gallery" can be found in Guy's_Sandbox#Gallery_3.0.9.
- The helpdesk may also be able to help you.